We strive to serve the membership as well as possible by:
- representing the views and interests of the membership and
- by providing a forum for interaction and discussion between membership and with local and national policy makers.
Training: At the 2013 annual conference and trade exhibition a survey was conducted of the attendance which requested training and certification to be provided to members on a number of activities. The committee are actively pursuing this at present.
Specialist Member Groups: It is our intention to form specialist member groups within IOWA association to focus on the particular needs of each member category or discipline i.e. designers, installers, site assessors, suppliers, regulatory etc. This would allow groups to concentrate on promoting aspects related to their discipline e.g. training needs for installers or continuing education (CPD) requirements for site assessors or more education and exposure for supplier products etc. This is a work in progress heavily dependent on participation by the membership. So please offer your participation if you are interested to one of the committee.
IOWA Site Assessor List: The IOWA List is a list of Site Suitability Assessors who are currently offering their services in Ireland. The list is for informational purposes only and IOWA does not recommend any assessor from the List. If you would like your name on the list, please download and read this document and follow the instructions to apply.
PI Insurance: Professional Indemnity insurance was investigated in 2012 and 2013 on behalf of the members but no satisfactory provider was found. This remains an outstanding objective for the future.
Annual Conference: Our well attended conference and trade show is a must for all interested in the latest developments in the onsite wastewater industry. Our conferences are approved CPD by Engineers Ireland.
- Make formal comment on proposed legislation and new policies on behalf of members
- Attend policy meetings as necessary e.g.
– Oireachtas Environmental hearings
– Meet with EPA, Dept of Environment as necessary
– Provide input to NSAI meetings regarding new EU legislation
- Provide membership numbers and certificates
– For display and use as indication of quality assurance
- New Logo available for use by members
– To promote membership as an indication of quality performance
– To identify with IOWA goals of professionalism