Irish Onsite Wastewater Association (IOWA)
The Irish Onsite Wastewater Association (IOWA) was formed in 2007 with the goal of improving the standard of professionalism in the onsite wastewater in Ireland.
The aim of the association is to provide a discussion and communication forum for all topics involving onsite or unsewered wastewater.
There are no membership qualifying criteria and the association is open to anyone interested in wastewater.
Summary of association goals:
- to represent all wastewater disciplines and interests
- to provide a forum for discussion and communication
- to improve the standards of professionalism in the industry
- to encourage increased awareness of best practices in wastewater
- to promote training and continuing professional development for all involved.
- to communicate with members regarding changes in policy, regulations and other areas of interest.
- to be recognised by policy makers, government agencies, EPA and local authorities as a representative voice of onsite wastewater in Ireland